Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Letter to My Landlord

Dear Landlord,

I want to express how much I appreciate what you do for me and my family. We purchase housing from you at a reasonable cost and this housing meets my family's needs on a month to month basis.

I know you may see me as a lowly tenant who can't afford to purchase a home and is relagated to the unwashed renting masses for eternity. Little do you know that I could easily purchase the home you rent to me but I won't because it would cost me nearly double what I pay to you every month. Our arrangement allows me to save a very significant sum of money every single month.

This is the reason I am writing this letter as I truly do appreciate the ability you give my family to rent for less than what it would cost us to purchase the same property. I know this is a sacrifice for you because the rent I pay you doesn't even cover your costs, including the interest you pay on the mortgage, strata fees, and property taxes. All of this in addition to the hassle and work that goes along with being a landlord as well as the potential for large costs like special assessments or appliance replacement.

I don't known why you do it but thank you for your service to my family.

Sincerely,

Mohican, Mrs. Mohican, and Baby Mohican

No comments:

Post a Comment